Apple Music - which launched at the end of June 2015 - may feel like an age ago now, but actually it's only coming up to 3 months. Which is also the length of the free subscription that users are automatically signed up to...
We recently had a debate on, who will dominate the future of the online music world, Spotify or Apple Music. After using both music streaming platforms, it appears that the majority of the team will be sticking with Spotify after all.
By now, we think people should have had a good amount of time to make their mind up about Apple Music; some people may love the scope of its music library (presumably they are not Spotify users) and direct integration with their own music collections, whilst others may have found the entire experience frustrating and their once meticulously curated music collections a disorganised mess that can no longer be listened to…
If you are in the latter group and are looking to leave Apple Music before you actually start having to pay for the service, unsurprisingly, it’s not as easy as you might have thought.
You can unsubscribe from both iTunes on your desktop and in the app - but Apple have made sure you are going to be digging around looking for the options so being the helpful bunch that we are, we have put together a few simple steps to follow to unsubscribe from Apple Music:
Unsubscribe from from Apple Music from your desktop
1. First of all, you need to log in to iTunes and go to ‘Account Info’ in your account settings.
2. Scroll down to ‘Settings’ and Click ‘Manage’.
3. Select ‘Edit’ on Apple Music.
4. Finally, change the Automatic Renewal to ‘Off’ and hit ’Done’.
Unsubscribe from Apple Music from your iPhone or iPad
1. Firstly, you need to go on to the iTunes store. From here scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on your Apple ID.
2. Select ‘View Apple ID’ and log in.
3. Scroll down to Subscriptions and click ‘Manage’.
4. Finally, de-select Automatic Renewal and click ‘Done’.
Here at Degree 53 we love sharing insights into the latest technology, digital trends, guides and much more...
Take a look at our recent posts!