Degree 53 are an award-winning digital agency based in Manchester that specialises in the gambling sector.
We design and build websites, web and native apps as well as end-to-end betting and gaming platforms and we’re looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to join the team to work on one of our existing platforms.
We are setting up a new team to support this platform and we want a Senior Frontend Developer to join the new team early on in the process to work and take an active role in designing the implementation of a new greenfield web app frontend for the platform.
We are looking for a highly skilled frontend engineer with proven experience creating complex rich internet applications using the ReactJS framework. You will have a well-structured approach and will recognise the benefit of good system architecture and design in order to deliver the high standards we want.
If this sounds like you, keep reading...
You will be working with the team to define the architecture, standards, development and build process for the new web app.
You will be taking the lead on some projects so you will be responsible for the technical delivery of yourself and the more junior developers that you are working with.
You will be supporting the system when it goes live so you will be required to understand all elements of the platform, not just the frontend.
What we expect
We are looking for someone who has experience working on customizable, componentized and scalable frontend solutions.
A keen attention to detail is a must and we want you to thoroughly test your work prior to it being handed over for the formal QA process.
You will sit within the new team reporting to the Technical Director.
Who we're looking for...
- Have proven experience in a similar role on a similar scale system
- Expert knowledge of ES2015
- Proven experience with ReactJS
- Experience writing middlewares in Node.js
- Use of build tools, particularly Webpack
- Unit and functional testing is a big bonus
- Source Control using Git
- CSS pre-processing with Sass
- Significant plus if you’ve got any .NET experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
The good stuff...
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Health cash plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles
- In house canteen with seating area, pool & table tennis tables