Degree 53 are an award-winning digital agency based in Manchester that specialises in crafting user focused multi-channel websites, mobile apps and backend solutions that deliver true value to our clients.
Our mission is to "Improve the digital experience for all” and we want an Umbraco developer to join the team to help us achieve that goal by building the web based systems that drive our customers businesses. These systems can be critical to the customers operations so they must be performant, scalable and reliable.
We are looking for skilled individuals who share our values to join our exceptionally talented development team. We value collaboration and creativity and want everyone to come up with ideas on how to create the best products for our clients; new and existing.
We want someone to work closely within the project team to deliver on time and within budget to the high quality we strive for. You will need to understand the demands of working for an agency delivering projects as well as being involved with proposals or supporting existing projects.
If this sounds like you, keep reading...
You will be responsible for designing the architecture and implementing the web solutions for clients ensuring they meet our company values: Practical, Professional, Quality, Creativity, Passionate.
You will provide times required to build the systems and will be expected to hit the targets to ensure delivery meets, or exceeds the project plan.
Quality is one of our core values and the work you produce should be developed to our development standards and work correctly first time. This applies to nonfunctional requirements such as performance and security as much as functional requirements.
You may also be required to work on existing projects and you will need to use your skills and experience to upskill quickly.
What we expect
Work closely with the team throughout the entire project lifecycle from the initial proposal stage, delivery, release and subsequent updates.
A keen attention to detail is a must and we want you to thoroughly test your work prior to it being handed over for the formal QA process.
Communicate effectively with different team members across the company and clients to ensure that the solutions developed match the client's requirements.
You will sit within the web development team reporting to the Senior Web Developer.
The skills you should have
- Experience with the different aspects of customizing Umbraco; e.g. custom grid and property editors, search indexing etc.
- Excellent C# ASP.NET development skills; MVC (or web forms) and web services (consuming and writing)
- Experience building responsive and adaptive websites using defined HTML and CSS methodologies
- Demonstrable experience of building sites in other Content Management System is helpful
- Expertise in performance optimization (client and server-side)
- Source Control, preferably with Git
- IIS Administration experience is a must
- Understanding of frontend build tools such as Gulp or Grunt and Continuous Integration servers like TeamCity or other
- Knowledge of other technologies or software such as WCF, Azure, Sitecore, PHP, MySQL, WordPress is also beneficial
- Experience of SCRUM or other Agile methodology is a bonus
Who we're looking for...
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Someone who is adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Enjoys keeping up to date with advances in web technologies and how they can be applied to projects
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
The good stuff...
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month scheme
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy break out area and Mario Kart
- In-house canteen with seating area, pool & table tennis tables