Posted: 20/06/2018 | Location: Manchester | Reporting to: Head of Native App Development
Degree 53 are an award-winning digital agency based in Manchester that specialises in the gambling sector.
Our mission is to “Improve the digital experience for all” and we want a Senior iOS Developer to join the team to help us achieve that goal by building the native apps that drive our customers businesses. As these are often the only way the users interact with the business they must provide an excellent experience and be built to our exceptional high standards.
We are looking for skilled individuals who share our values to join our exceptionally talented development team. We value collaboration and creativity and want everyone to come up with ideas on how to create the best products for our clients; new and existing.
We want someone to work closely within the project team to deliver on time and within budget to the high quality we strive for. You will need to understand the demands of working for an agency delivering projects as well as being involved with proposals or supporting existing projects.
If this sounds like you, keep reading...
You will be responsible for designing the architecture and implementing the iOS apps for clients ensuring they meet our company values: Practical, Professional, Quality, Creativity, Passionate.
You will be involved in the full project lifecycle, from product design sprints, estimates to technical design, implementation and support.
You will be expected to hit the targets to ensure delivery meets, or exceeds the project plan while ensuring the quality is maintained at a very high standard.
You will also be overseeing the iOS development done by more junior developers, assisting them when required and mentoring them to improve their knowledge and skills.
You will take ownership of the iOS development process, ensuring how we work and the CI and CD tools are kept inline with industry best practices.
You may also be required to work on existing projects and you will need to use your skills and experience to upskill quickly.
What we expect
Work closely with the team throughout the entire project lifecycle from the initial proposal stage, delivery, release and subsequent updates.
A keen attention to detail is a must and we want you to thoroughly test your work prior to it being handed over for the formal QA process.
Communicate effectively with different team members across the company and clients to ensure that the solutions developed match the client's requirements.
You will lead the iOS team development team reporting to the Head of Native App Development.
Who we're looking for...
- 5+ years commercial experience in iOS with Swift and Objective-C
- Must have lead projects and or teams previously
- Strong knowledge Cocoapods
- Experience of CI and CD tools, ideally TeamCity but others also useful
- Demonstrable apps you’ve worked on
- Knowledge of relevant design patterns
- Good understanding of OOP concepts
- Experience with iTunes Connect and the Apple Developer portal
- Expertise in performance optimization
- Unit and functional testing is a big bonus
- Any Android experience is also useful
- Source Control using Git
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hard-working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
The good stuff...
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Health cash plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles
- Regular social events
- Monthly team lunches