This is a native iOS and Android application that provides an instant messaging service and adds to an already popular series of Betfred products. The applications have been designed and built from the ground up to talk to a 3rd party system. This system provides the engine behind the scenes and instantaneously lets users place their sports bets.
Through the instant messaging service users can find out horse racecards on offer for that day and odds on sporting fixtures including all of the most popular markets. The app offers many more quirky features too with personalisation being a key driver behind the design of the product. The user can set up their favourite sports teams, horses, jockeys and more to receive up to date notifications. The user can even upload a profile picture that is visible in the instant messenger window!
Degree 53 were responsible for the following:
- A project that ran using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- We had a team per platform working on the project in parallel.
- We regularly engaged with the client and other 3rd parties.
- Two apps designed for the operating system and user in mind.
- We worked hard to make sure that each app was carefully designed to suit the needs of users across two different platforms.
- Regular users of Android will see that this app follows the guidelines set by Google and incorporates their newest operating system features.
- Users of iOS will in turn see that the look and feel is familiar with the apps they already know and use.
Multiple features including:
- The ability for users to bet instantly through instant messaging.
- The ability for users to save their favourite horses, sports teams and competitions.
- Users can receive notifications on their saved favourites.
- Users can personalise their profile.